PE and Sport Funding 2019/20
The government is providing additional funding for the academic year 2019/20 to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools.
The primary PE and sport premium 2019/20 (“the premium”) will be paid by the Secretary of State for Education (“Secretary of State”) to the local authority (“authority”). The authority will then distribute the premium to maintained schools in its area.
The premium must be used to fund additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of the pupils in the 2019/20 to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles. Through PE and sport we aim to build confidence, improve and promote the positive mental health and wellbeing of our pupils by giving them opportunities to team build and work together with their peers.
How the allocation will be spent in 2019/20
Holley Park Academy have been allocated £18,170 to increase the PE and sports offered at the school, as part of the PE and sports funding initiative from the Government.
We have decided to spend the allocation for 2019/20 in the following ways:
- Increase pupil participation in sports (develop football and swimming skills KS2)
- Provide additional teaching and learning opportunities provided through Professional Development Courses provided through Oxclose Community School
- To provide Cover release for professional development
- To supply Quality Assured CPD modules/materials (to provide Specialist Sports Teaching)
- To deliver Qualified Sports coaching (tennis, swimming)
- To ensure our children continue to enter Sports Cluster Competitions
- Deliver therapy for mental health trough nurture, physical play sessions